Monday, May 5, 2008

remarkable genetics


Steve recently sent me this picture of the both of us playing our instruments. Most of my life, I have had a strong belief in the power of genetics. Steve Pinkston is my birth father (I am adopted). My folks helped me find my birth parents after I had some complicated medical problems. I met Steve in November of 2006.


This is a picture of me in my mid thirties and Steve in his twenties. He started out as a cellist and then switched to bass before the end of high school. I have had the opportunity to visit him twice in Portland, Oregon. I have to say the most bizarre similarity that I have with him is his mannerisms. The way he walks, uses his hands, facial expression. Of couse you can see, I look just like him.


I have met (via phone) my birth mother as well. Her name is Olivia, and she is a very private person. I share my sense of humor with her. She and I have similar opinions of things that most other people wouldn't agree with. She is very sweet, and I am blessed to have the opportunity to get to know her.


I am so thankful to my parents for supporting me finding them. So many questions I have had all my life have been answered. For more about Steve, link to his website in "favorite links", Fin De Mundo Music.

No comments: